Possibly that was because of the renovation it was undergoing at the time, but I'm not wholly convinced.
- Artwork displayed in chronological order. Excellently educational.
- All British painters. Viz Tate Britain.
- William Blake! In a room of his own, even if it has the size and location of a broom closet.
- A lot of WM Turner (whom I have decided I don't really like but it seems a lot of people do).
- The venue is stunningly beautiful after all those repairs!
- Famous masterpieces are relatively few and far between. Mostly, it's Blake, Turner and the pre-rapahelites. Plus a whole heap of people I had never heard of.
In short : Blake on display!
'The Spiritual Form of Nelson Guiding Leviathan'
ca 1805 William Blake