And so, my two-week DT-marathon is now over and has resulted in the following musings on its advantages :
- Systematic and laudable avoidance of stereotypes.
- Skillful plotwriting, taking its time, stretching a story over several chapters; hinting at things rather letting the cat out of the bag (keeping it "detectably meowing" as I read somewhere).
- Gorgeous settings and costumes.
- Maggie Smith's oneliners.
- That general, undefinable feeling of well-being this series inspires, rendering it absolutely top-notch holiday-viewing.