Friday, November 25, 2016

The Night Manager

Tom Hiddleston, Hugh Laurie and Olivia Coleman (sadly absent from all the publicity shots, to the advantage of much less famous blonde...) star in Susanne Bier's adaptation of John Le Carré's classic spy novel. 
Not being, however, familiar with the novel (because not being, sadly, much for spy literature on the whole), I would be at a loss to compare it to the film, thus smoothly removing the issue of screen adaptations.

What remains is the issue of spy thrillers and how they tend to give me a headache.
This most likely would have, too, if I hadn't viewed it from the depths of my TV couch, where I can simultaneously employ myself otherwise while watching. 
Half an eye was amply sufficient for these eight episodes which could have perfectly well been streamlined down into five or six.

Nicely done and all, though perhaps a bit uninspired. Unoriginal may be the word I'm looking for. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment