Tuesday, September 6, 2016

The Getaway - The Red Hot Chili Peppers

In a sudden frenzy caused both by frustration over other missed concerts (Panic! At the Disco, Twenty One Pilots, Adam Lambert...) and elation at finding places were still available (most of the aforementioned gigs were sold out by the time I realized they were playing in Paris) I booked concert tickets for the RHCP in October.

Not until after paying - quite a hefty sum, I might add - did I remember I don't really know their music at all. To make amends, I downloaded both their recent album (The Getaway) and the 2003 Greatest Hits collection, and have been listening to both over the summer.

The outcome is double :

1. I am absolutely incapable of distinguishing one album from the other. 
   I'd be hard-pressed to state wether this is good or bad.

2. I've grown rather tired of them; too much of a good thing, definitely.

I have no real opinion of the new album, therefore. I will have to get back to you after the concert.



No comments:

Post a Comment