Friday, July 8, 2016

Friday Night Lights, season 4

Previously, on this blog : Loved season one, was sorely disappointed in season two, felt very thankful the show picked up some in season three, yet stalled after the first couple of episodes of season four.
Frankly, I would never have proceeded to finish the season, had it not been for the insistence of my Ciné Fast friend. 

Now that I have seen it : The season-four reboot is a good idea, but not enough to compensate for what I consider a less well-balanced plotline and characterization.
The nuanced characters from season one have gradually turned into stereotypes, and the plotline is increasingly predictable, although also containing a good number of logical fallacies
It is still a good show, but it I definitely should have settled for the first season. It has been downhill from there.

To sum up, no peer pressure in the world will make me sit through season five. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment