Sunday, April 17, 2016

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone - JK Rowling

Though I may have already stated pretty clearly how much I love Harry Potter, I reckon it has been a while, so I can safely repeat myself. 
I do love Harry Potter!

I am not that into the films; adaptations of books everyone has read and loved rarely lead to innovative film-making (not to mention my views on adaptations..!) so they are OK but largely inferior to the books. 

I hadn't read this one since 2012, and while it's more of a children's book than my personal favourite - the later, the darker, the better! - it is still a charming, entertaining and original. 
I remember reading it for the first time, and marvelling at how creative it was.

Not great literature, yet a great read!


2 comments:

  1. I have read the first three books...and they are pure magic :) cannot wait to eventually read the other 4.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree; pure magic! And the other four are even better!

    ReplyDelete