Sunday, March 13, 2016

Death of a Bachelor - Panic! At The Disco

Taking up on a review in a youth magazine (albeit a good one) is risky business, yet to the youngster reporting on 'Death of a Bachelor' I owe my heartfelt thanks.
He/she described it as related to sadly terminated 'My Chemical Romance', which was a fairly apt comparison : Runner-friendly, pop-ish American mainstream rock music, full of 'ooh-oh-oh's' and fast guitars.

I do, however, find the production a bit lacking in ambition or talent (Where is Desmond Child when you need him?) and consequently suspect they sound better on stage. 
For those with better contacts than me, the opportunity to find out will present itself on May 24th when they will be performing at a Paris venue. (Tickets all sold out. Not a single one in my possession. Bummer.)



No comments:

Post a Comment