Friday, October 30, 2015

Agincourt, 600th Anniversary, Tower of London

Admittedly, the exhibition in itself was fairly modest - someone had a lot of fun displaying about 30,000 painted tin soldiers on a battlefield - yet the event in itself serves to commemorate this major battle. Actors in costumes roamed the Tower grounds, among with indecent amounts of tourists.

I confess that though I nailed the century, I would never have known the precise year of the battle, though I guess I might have if I had lived in victorious England, rather than in defeated France.


I'm beginning to think I should henceforth perhaps start travelling to London on my own. As I keep bringing different people every time, I also end up seeing the same sights every time. And there was a Goya-exhibition going on at the National Gallery!!


No comments:

Post a Comment