Tuesday, May 6, 2014

The Croods - DeMicco & Sanders 2013

As a result from having been dragged to Disney/Pixar/Dreamworks/Other animated films for over a decade, I have developed a severe allergy to coming-of-age stories of all kinds, and nowadays refuse to view them anywhere else than on TV.

As a result from the above, I didn't get to see 'the Croods' until the other night, and I guess that served me right. I can't even remember the last time I had such fun watching an animated film! (The surprise helped, I suppose.)

The main character neanderthal woman was curvier than most children's heroines and - interestingly - had shaved armpits, but she and her bear-like family, evolving in a prehistoric universe extremely remote from any documentary you have ever seen, had me in stitches!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment