Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Sorgfjäril - Ingelin Angerborn

Good news! I managed to finish my ten-year-old's ghost story and found it fully adequate, if not perhaps the book of the year.

Angerborn is a Swedish, multiple-award-winning author of children's books, and indeed, this is clearly quality writing. I'll admit to being a little surprised at her success, as I would have thought this e-x-c-r-u-c-i-a-t-i-n-g-l-y slow-moving plot to be somewhat under-stimulating to the young zapping and clicking generation (I nearly fell asleep, myself...), but sometimes it's good to be wrong!

To finish, a brilliant quote by brilliant Nick Hornby : "Dismissing YA books because you're not a young adult is a little bit like refusing to watch thrillers on the grounds that you're not a policeman or a dangerous criminal."

No comments:

Post a Comment