Thursday, March 27, 2014

Strong Motion - Jonathan Franzen

Contrary to the rest of the Western world, I did not consider 'Freedom' a masterpiece, so I did not exactly jump up and down when I received 'Strong Motion, which is Franzen's second novel, for my birthday.
The blurbs on the cover did nothing to whip up any frenzy; they praise the author, but say mercifully little about this particular book.

'Strong Motion' might actually be worthwhile - I wouldn't want to seem too forceful about it, as I haven't finished it - but if so, it starts after page 140. That's where I am now, and that is as far as I am going.

I always finished books when I was younger. Now, though, I'm starting to feel I haven't got enough time left, and too many books. (Or perhaps I'm just growing impatient?)



No comments:

Post a Comment