Monday, March 24, 2014

Ballet Revolucion

As hardcore followers will be fully aware, dancing is horrendously under-represented in my cultural intake. And indeed, truth be told, the only reason I found myself at this unconventional blend of classic ballet and contemporary music is because my teenager asked me to go. 
(I don't know about you, but the only way I am able to refuse my offspring access to culture is if it involves superheroes.)

The teenager in question was well-inspired to ask, as she absolutely adored the show.

As for me, dancing is pretty much like other sports : I'd rather be doing it myself than watch others do it. 
(But yes, I do realize that probably not a soul in the whole universe would derive any pleasure whatsoever from watching me dance.)
Yet, the Cubans of 'Ballet Revolucion' were undeniably very, very good : The band was tight, and the dancers top-notch.


No comments:

Post a Comment