Sunday, April 7, 2013

Piscine Josephine Baker, Paris 13ème arrdt


The one major advantage with this indoor swimming pool is that it is situated at about 3 minutes' walking distance from my apartment.
That compensates for a lot, which is all the more fortunate as most of its other advantages tend to turn into inconveniences :

It is glassed-in, so it's bright! = On any even remotely sunny day, I need sunshades.

In warm weather, the roof is retractable, so it becomes an outdoor pool with a sundeck! = The draughts make it freezing cold in winter (and I do mean f-r-e-e-z-i-n-g!).

It is comparatively clean. = But for some odd reason, the cleaning staff often display a strangely peevish mood.

Admittedly, I may not be the most impartial of judges here.
I am not much for pools at all. No pools. Ever.
This one at least lies conveniently close to my home.



No comments:

Post a Comment