Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Cathy's Book - Steward, Weissman, Brigg


One of the major upsides to teaching is learning stuff from students.
Had it not been for Kimberley's book essay last week, most likely I would never have come across 'Cathy's Book'.
(Especially seeing how my own teenager barely seems to average 6 books a year.)
(Dear God, where did I go wrong, and how do I fix it???)

'Cathy's book' is smart, thought-provoking, action-packed and written in a sleek and innovative style. There is a blog to go with it..! (Figured I was too old for that, though.)

Cathy herself feels closely related to Katniss Everdeen or Kiki Strike, another young adult-literature favourite of mine. Their personality is sort of the opposite to passive and submissive Bella Swan.

Wiser from my 'Uglies'-experience, I can't make up my mind whether I also want to read the two sequels to 'Cathy's Book', however. I'm going to ask Kimberley for advice.

http://ingelaonstuff.blogspot.fr/2013/01/specials-scott-westerfeld.html



No comments:

Post a Comment