Monday, April 23, 2012

The Pirates (Aardman studios)

Repeatedly, I tried to explain to my 8-year-olds that they had grown a bit too old for this film, but as they would not pay me any heed, and as it had been pouring down all morning, we went anyway.

I love all 'Wallace & Gromits' and 'Chicken Run' and technically speaking (Is 'technical' still the term to use about stop-motion clay animation?) these Pirates are just as accomplished.
Sadly, the script is just not quite as witty and clever as the previous films. 
Arguably, this film is chiefly destined for a younger audience and I, too, am too old for it by now.

Be that as it may, it took us through two hours of a wet school-holiday afternoon without any bloodspill or even throwing of fits. A feat in itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment