Monday, April 2, 2012

Boardwalk Empire

I'm not sure whether it has to do with ageing increased life experience or what, but I'm starting to think my life (what's left of it!) is now too short to sit around watching TV-shows or films I feel I have seen a hundred times before. Tried out 'Blue Bloods' the other night, but realised there is nothing in this show I haven't seen already in at least half a dozen other shows.

That's why I am so fond of 'Boardwalk Empire'!
Apart from the gorgeous settings, authentic dialogues and brilliant acting, I love the fact that events are prepared several episodes ahead. The script-writers quite daringly assume that the viewers a) have brains and b) are not afraid to use them. Not a given in TV today!

Plus, it IS a relief to not have to put up with the breasts-but-no-dicks sex-scenes, which have apparently become mandatory after 'Sex And the City', regardless of their ir-/relevance to the plot.


No comments:

Post a Comment